Tags: hobby, lao tzu, ocean, Photography, quotes, sea
Tags: Photography, quotes
We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses.
Tags: horny orb spider, spider, spider web, spiders
“There’s a certain slant of light,
On winter afternoons,
That oppresses, like the weight
Of cathedral tunes.
Heavenly hurt it gives us;
We can find no scar,
But internal difference
Where the meanings are.
None may teach it anything,
‘Tis the seal, despair,-
An imperial affliction
Sent us of the air.
When it comes, the landscape listens,
Shadows hold their breath;
When it goes, ‘t is like the distance
On the look of death.”
- Forever – is Composed of Nows (themindofmax.wordpress.com)
Tags: Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, Albuquerque New Mexico, Balloon Fiesta, Hot air balloon
“1987 saw the first Annual Balloon Glow become a permanent addition to the Balloon Fiesta repertoire. The goose bumps generated at the first Glow still rise those who witnessed their first “all burn” describe the experience. For many years Albuquerque had seen 15 to 20 glowing balloons during their famous Christmas Eve Luminaria Tour, but the sight and sounds of over 300 glowing giants crowded together on the field, amidst tens of thousands of spectators, left an indelible mark on the Balloon Fiesta experience.” ~Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
Attending the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta in 1987 left me delighted. Meeting early in the morn’ just before dawn, hundreds of hot-air balloons dotted the field, resembling giant luminaries. As soon as the first suns rays pierced through the dark skies, the first of the hot-air balloons began ascending ever so gently to meet them.
Soon, all the hot-air balloons filled the early blue morning skies.
The experience was a truly enchanting one.
- New figures show Balloon Fiesta attendance slightly down from last year (KOB.com)
- Balloon Fiesta – 2012! We Were There!!! (dreamcatcher2.typepad.com)
- Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque (sfgate.com)
Tags: Arts, nature photography, Photography, photos, Ralph Waldo Emerson
“From within or from behind, a light shines through us upon things, and makes us aware that we are nothing, but the light is all.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Trail taken one early morning in 2001, Blueridge Mountains, Ga.
- “Anne Bradstreet and Ralph Waldo Emerson both present their beliefs…” (youknewwhatimeant.wordpress.com)
- The more things you try, the more likely you will be to find the one that makes your heart sing ~ Reed (2rqod.wordpress.com)
- Ralph Waldo Emerson (celebrationofnow.com)
- Nature: A Human’s Sanctuary – The Works of Emerson and Thoreau (roadundiscovered.wordpress.com)
- Happiness Is… (ladylovelyblogger.wordpress.com)
- “We are all inv… (brighterfire.wordpress.com)
- Understanding balance (jamwithmike.wordpress.com)
- ~ Four ~ (onthehomefrontandbeyond.wordpress.com)
“Popular thinking would suggest not to burn bridges. I live by the contrary; burn bridges that are designed to take you off course.” ~Author Unknown
Tags: beach, photo, Photography
Tags: Miami, miami sunset, nature photography, photo, Photography, sunsets