Gallows

Posted: September 19, 2013 in Photography, Photos by Iliana C. Hakes-Martinez, Quotes

Gallows

“I can’t go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.”
~Lewis Carroll

Advertisements
Comments
  1. Brenda says:

White Rabbit, this is a dark combination of picture and quote! I hope you are okay!

• hakesplace says:

Quite True! And, thank you for your concern! 🙂 It is greatly appreciated. My interpretation is more of a second birth concept: You must first die to truly live–you become someone that cannot return to the old ways of living. Make sense? Thanks for the thought!

• Brenda says:

I agree that is what survival brings to you. A new you. a stronger you. That is sad to view non-survivors as not really living, though. There is something precious and fine about not having gone through the trauma yet. But as a fellow survivor, I embrace the new you!! Brenda

• hakesplace says:

It is sad that the journey that all humans were made to take is viewed as a trauma. Is it really? What is sad is to see so many people distracted with “non-trauma’s” when it is the traumas that were meant to be. All people have traumatic experiences, it is just the way they perceive them that causes suffering; the same can be said for pain. Non-survivors? I’m not quite sure what you mean by this and how it relates to sadness. I do agree that all will go through trauma. Heck, we all go through the first trauma of life in the womb and then transcending the womb–whoah! What a trauma! Now, about perceiving sadness or rejoicing about certain predicaments of the human being. From the time we are born, our world is defined to us by others–all we meet begin to define this and that for us. There is little we discover on our own. To view “something” as sad or glad, it is all the ego’s perception and definition. We have been indoctrinated into such definition. What is sad about this, truly, it is that we have only been given ONE definition from so MANY that exist! Traumas and shocks are a great way to wake up and to begin seeing “things” for what they truly are–just “look” at the Universe! What is it all about, really? Innocence is precious to a certain point…the innocence of a new butterfly or bud in bloom…. It’s what makes babies so precious. I think this is what you imply in your message. But, that’s another topic. Is it worth holding on to innocence to evade the trauma? Is it good to evade trauma? Should trauma be avoided? And, the questions go on and on. When pertaining to whether to be sad about a process or whether to rejoice about that process, I choose to rejoice in the day the Lord has made! And, the quote aside, we both know the traumas never stop–those shocks. The key is the thought and emotion one puts to those shocks. But, this is a much complicated subject. Thank you! Thank you! Much love your way! 🙂

• Brenda says:

I was talking about real trauma. Actual bad things: where someone is seriously abused, or someone almost dies in an accident or has others die in the same accident s/he survive, or someone watches someone they love die. Those traumas do create a survivor-reaction. Are you talking about something else?

As for “What was meant to be,” people of all faiths have argued about “fate” and whether or not things are “predestined.” I can’t claim to know the answer to whether or not something is predestined, but I don’t think it’s comforting to be told that you were abused because it was meant to be. Or, hey your mom died right in front of you because it was meant to be.

I hope my children live a very long time before they are confronted by real trauma. I find their innocence precious. I want to protect them.

You are right, this is very complicated, and perhaps I misunderstood where you were coming from.

Blessings, Brenda

• hakesplace says:

Brenda,
              Yes, I was coming from a hold different point of view–a more abstract one. I dare not dabble into what truly occurs–the traumas you speak of. I would never even imply that “one was meant” to be a trauma of anything. I surely would be saying that I was meant to go through traumas caused to me by the irresponsibility of others. Even philosophically, where is where my education led me, it is written that irresponsibility of others interrupts the journey of the innocents–after all, are we not all innocent again after each trauma? There is a preciousness there also as the person who has just survived the trauma is at a very sensitive stage of recovery–a stage I have never had to date. I choose to rejoice even in that. There is much beauty in feeling that no matter what, you are loved by “something” although “no-thing” has ever appeared or happened to imply the thought.
              Blessings and hugs to you, and absolutely, I agree, no one is meant to experience the trauma caused by others–no one! Very blessed may they be.

Deposit Thoughts Here -->

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s